Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Do Love a CHURCH RUMMAGE!

Up by 6am last Saturday and off to Savannah by 7am. My goal was to be at Grace United Methodist Church for the annual Rummage Sale by 5 til 8am.. as the Craig's List posting said NO EARLY BIRDS. Their listing also said they had been gathering items since the past year so I knew it was going to be GOOD!


I arrived at 12 minutes until 8.. and what do I see? RUMMAGE SALE IS OPEN and the locals are Rummaging! DARN I SAY! :) I could not park and get in there fast enough!

First think I see is Antique School Desk with inkwell hole and even the named AYN carved in the corner! IT ROCKS! $25. Next, a vintage round coffee table with tag of $20.. I offer $10 and SOLD! Next, a new linen rack for $4 as mine is a bit bent for moving. I find a stack of very old farm scene plates, $3.  Another vase for my seashells, $.75.  BOOKS! $1 hardbacks, $.25 softbacks. The books include 3 on Depression Glass collecting, 3 Cookbooks (Carolina Jr League, Detroit Jr League and vintage The SPICE ISLANDS COOK BOOK), found an old Seashell Identification book (these were $16 at Edisto), a 1950s CAMPING book, and a book on early American Tools (random). 
I think this is going in corner of living room with books stacked on top!

Needs a FIX bad! but great character! maybe paint it Blue!
Love my Vintage Tablecloths! Those are subject for future blog I think!
Just add Edisto Seashells!
Add books!

I also found two French Bulletin boards and an amazing PILOT RULES Poster from 1950 that had been housed in a new Poster Frame which had probably saved its integrity.. I new Vic being a Boat Captain would just LOVE this!!


My total ... $63. WOW! I was so excited!

I was done with the Church sale by 8:48am. So, next, I headed north on Waters Avenue and I see a sign for "HUGE GARAGE SALE".  Took a turn and found an amazing lil Sale at the home of some rather odd accented NEW AGE Preacher types.  GREAT STUFF!

I found an amazing Folky ANGEL Looking at Bowl of Cherries Painting in an amazing frame! She tells me $20.. I cannot believe I had to think about it.

MY FAVORITE PURCHASE OF THE DAY!

I found classic Christmas DVDs for Coleman, $1 each. Books for Coleman, $1 each. A rug for $2, and a Green Lantern with candle, $2.


And then, I found the Desk! BEACH SCENE painted on top with glass to cover! $35!!!! GORGEOUS!

I had to make a road trip to Work to dump off some furniture in order to go back and pick up my new desk! I found another lil yard sale while I was in Port Wentworth and bought this gorgeous blue metal basket for $1.55. 

I think I will fill it with Seashells from Edisto!  I have it sitting in my living room atop my wonderful jumbo white wicker storage basket that was slated for makeover and to be sold.. But OH NO! I think I should keep it. :)

Sweet Sista Carol is on the way down today! 5 days with the Sista! I CANNOT WAIT! I am going to take her to all my fav places and we shall do some shoppin'!

HAPPY SHOPPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment