Monday, February 27, 2012

Darien ... Brunswick ... SKIPPERS FISH CAMP Lunch and PRIMITIVES!!

After Saturday morning at Tybee Rummage Sale, I decided it was not too late to head south to Darien, Georgia. Exit 49, a mere 50 miles south of Savannah. I had googled Darien a few weeks ago and learned there were a couple of antique shops in the area: Downtown (literally a side road next to the Altamaha River with 4 stores/restaurants) and Southern Pickers at the outlet mall off I-95.



The drive was approximately one hour. Carol kept me company the entire way down as she was on the way to take Coleman to the circus in downtown ATL. So I cruise on in to Darien... what can I say. Teeny town, few people. I found the downtown area and the one puny, overpriced antique store and I was in and out in 15 minutes. Only thing that they had that I liked was a Fiesta Mixing bowl for $30! Did I say overpriced? But this bowl is definitely on my Want list now!

Across the street I headed to another lil shop.. which headed into the Wine Shop.. RANDOM! A wine shop in this odd little town. Down around the corner to SKIPPER'S FISH CAMP for a lunch of Mahi Mahi and a salad. VERY GOOD! and a view of the Altamaha Eco-preserve??


 and Darien's lovely fleet of Shrimp Boats.


The PIRATE SHRIMP BOAT .. Wait-N-Sea


The Redneck Shrimp boat .. GRAVE DIGGER!

 My favorite of those being the PIRATE Shrimp Boat and the Redneck Shrimp Boat!
 
Reminded me a bit of Thunderbolt with the cute lil cottages!


OK.. enough of Darien.. next stop. Shops of Brunswick! Then back north to SOUTHERN PICKERS!


WOW.. Southern Pickers is everything you would want a random antique store in an outlet mall to be .. Big Primitives, Americana.. and, again, OVERPRICED! But really cool stuff!!

The most wonderful of Primitive Americana Quilts EVER! $1,200.
Yellow quilt made from feed sacks!
I would swear I saw him as a Mid at USNA! ha.. sweet face on this Naval officer!
This is so Neat! Seems to have been a membership cabinet for a Rotary Club! Alphabet on drawers. Great GREEN! I want this!

OHHH This Americana Wardrobe! Green with blue on sides! NEED THIS! $1,500!
 So as I am leaving Southern Pickers, the owner and I strike up a conversation. I tell him I am headed to Pelican Point for a seafood buffet. He screwed up his face and says NO NO.. you need to go to SPEED'S KITCHEN in Shellman's Bluff! OH ANOTHER ADVENTURE! I AM ON IT! ...

NEXT BLOG.. Speed's Kitchen photos!




No comments:

Post a Comment