Wednesday, February 29, 2012

SPEED's KITCHEN at Shellman's Bluff

So I took the man's advice... and headed for Shellman's Bluff...

A little place overlooking Sapelo Island in the Golden Isles! GORGEOUS!! And Backwater Georgia AMAZING! 

After a spin around the tiny community with one flashing light, I headed over the Speed's Kitchen, Crazy lil place in the country in a series of mobile homes!

It was as if I had stepped back in time to about 1976! The inside of Speed's was immaculate!  I talked to everyone in the restaurant... some of the friendliest people I have ever met.  A couple from Glenville, A retired professor and friends from Georgia Southern. Everybody with something great to say about Speed's and suggestions on other things to do THE ST PATTYS DAY PARADE AT SHELLMAN BLUFF (4 hr parade! Really?!) and other places to eat like THE OLD SCHOOL DINER.  ( http://oldschooldiner.com/ )

The menu clearly stated.. CASH ONLY and LONG WAIT For food.. Fine with me! I stayed occupied texting Carol with the randomness of where I was and talking to the nice people.

One hour later... dinner arrived! I had... A cup of the best Crab Stew I have ever had in my life, The best Cole Slaw in the world and they bring refills, Baked Fish that melted in my mouth with the most incredible Fried Oysters EVER! They also brought me french fries and hush puppies which I passed on! (Pat on the back).. and a side salad.


OH MY GOSH! I was STUFFED! And had enough leftovers for two more meals on Sunday...

LEFTOVERS!

Total bill was around $30 with tip and you pay on the way out the door, down the stairs in the kitchen! OH,.. and if you forget cash,, They take CHECKS! HA! Who takes checks!? So cool!

Great experience at SHELLMAN'S BLUFF! I WILL BE BACK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment