Sunday, February 26, 2012

KEEP TYBEE QUIRKY!

KEEP TYBEE QUIRKY! 
That would definitely be the theme for the TYBEE Island-wide Rummage Sale! 

I started out yesterday at 630 AM and headed East toward the beach. I thought for sure there was a Wells Fargo on Tybee. Thought Wrong! and had to pay $2.75 to get cash-ola from a Savannah Bank ATM. 

Next, breakfast at the World-famous The Breakfast Club at 7AM.  Keeping to my tenth day of low-carb diet, I ordered Bacon and Veggie with Cream Cheese Omelette. I resisted the grits and toast. Actually, I told the waitress KEEP THOSE AWAY FROM MY PLATE! :)  Mucho Dinero.. $15.25 for Omelette and Unsweet Tea! WOW! But I must admit.. it was DEE-LISH! And only the beginning of a long day of FABULOUS Food!!

As I had left my printed Tybee Rummage sale map sitting on my desk at work, I had written down a list Friday night of all the sales. But I had my idea in mind. As I drove the north side of Island from BC (The Breakfast Club) I could see people putting stuff out.. getting ready for the big day!

I hit the Post Theater (former WW2 Ft Screven Theater that is being renovated.. VERY COOL inside) which had accepted donations of items for their sale. A passel of women were already rummaging through their boxes and were not letting anyone close. There were two adorable paintings from a children story that the lady at the sale told me they were from the 1940s.. $10 each. I passed but they were so cute! I should have taken a photo. No sale at the Post Theater!

Next to the Lighthouse Market .. same vendors that are always there. I did get a set of New Car Mats for $10 which I desperately needed, And bought the CUTEST Fish painting on an old board! $10.



Did I mention that it was in the 40s and chilly wind? I marched on... A sale at the Chapel By The Sea Baptist Church, Seaside Sisters, and then the Episcopal Church which I wish I had gone to first! Found three Vintage-style Aprons from Marshalls and a gray sweater for $1 each. I also found a pair of Dolce-Gabanna Sunglasses in the parking lot (maybe fake.. who cares. They were free !).  And while there I donated a coat I had bought for England that I just did not love.



There are some truly QUIRKY people and places amongst the various nooks and crannies of Tybee Island! I would love to be one of them one day!  I went to some very cool Cottages. One was being renovated and had awesome stuff which was being scooped up quite quickly. Lots of cool old furniture. (Again, should have taken a photo,) I did buy a Yellow (my fav color) Seashell planter for $2.00


 I went to a random little sale on a side street and bought three very old Fishing Rods for 50cents each; next another sale for another old fishing rod for 50cents and a group of USGS Nautical Maps for $1.00.  next.. I a lady had a garage full of neat stuff but all way overpriced although she did give me a www.KEEPTYBEEQUIRKY.com bumper sticker! LOVE IT!


On to yet another sale where I found a new zebra-print credi tcard wallet for 50 cents, and an Old Navy Brand dress for $3. Seaside Sisters had nothing (disappointed in that store lately!) so I headed across the street to The GALLERY and bought Logan a cute sundress for $3 and a large Silk Rag Rug for $7. It is BEAU-TI-FUL! 


Not the best of rummaging mornings considering their were about 40 sales.. but what do you expect from QUIRKY! :)

Next Post: My afternoon trip to Darien .. and dinner at SPEED'S KITCHEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment