Friday, July 15, 2011

Gotta Love a BARN Sale!

Wednesday morning, while driving down Freedom Parkway in Hardeeville on my way home from work I see a sign ....

WOW! A BARN SALE! What hardened shopper doesn't love a BARN SALE!! THURSDAY Morning was here! I woke up early so I could get cash from the ATM and be at the barn sale before work. THE EXCITEMENT! Like a kid on Christmas morning!!



Turn down this very long country dirt road and at the end of the road .. it appears...

STAR RIDGE STABLES...

What a cool place! But it seems they have found hard times and going out of business. I hate to see a place like this die :(


So what did they have? HORSE STUFF! Lots of horse equipment, and fun horse items .. like a vintage pair of Horse Bookends, Horse doorknockers, Leather Jackets ... and an amazing White Wicker Rocking chair with Cottage Chic cushions.




and what did I buy?

Not the greatest pic from the backseat of my car.. includes: 8 new Orange Fabric Placemats $.50! Turquoise Candle on stand $.50, plaid tablecloth $1.00, 3 sets of Alphabet templates $1.50, Indigo Blue bathroom rug $.75, bag of taper candles $1 and metal wall hanger $3.
 
GOTTA LOVE A BARN SALE!

Me looking a bit weathered at 7am at a small town, dirt road, country BARN SALE!
 
Then that leaves Thursday Afternoon:

So after work I decided to hit the Farmers Market in Bluffton. On my way I decided to stop by the Habitat for Humanity Resale Shop. I thought that it would be the same ole Habitat Resale Shop with paint and tools, etc. but this was an actual thrift shop with proceeds going to Habitat. What a great shop! Lots of old stuff. The lil old ladies that volunteered inside were precious and were over-the-top helpful, pointing out this and that!

What Did I Buy? Small wooden mirror $1, Large white wicker mirror $2, tall yellow candle $3, three vintage china plates $1.50, Large wooden frame $1.

My $3 yella candle is already on my $1 candle stand I bought last weekend at garage sale
To be re-vamped! Wicker Mirror, Small Mirror, Wooden Frame, Metal wall hanger

Already in my china cabinet! 3 embossed vintage Taylor, Smith & Taylor China Plates

What Didn't I Buy? Large primitive wooden bench $19, cool old chair $49, great bar stool with leather seat $12, oversized foot rest $12 and adorable big ole mirror $20. I will be back for those items I am thinking! They all need a makeover and I think that is just what I will do!
$49 Chair. Solid wood! EXCELLENT! I NEED THAT CHAIR!!
$20 Vintage Blue wood frame mirror, just needs a repaint

$19 Primitive Wooden bench.. How cute would this be in Tybee Pink??
Lil Bench, I think $12, Just needs a new cover and new funky paint on the legs!

So now fast forward 30 minutes and I landed finally at the Bluffton Farmers Market. It's a bit upscale from your average Farmers Market. The customers are fabulous and preppy with a lil hippie edge and so very nice. The merchants are wonderful salt-of-the-earth people. I met Kathie. She runs a co-op market in Bluffton with wonderful jars of salsa, preserves, and relishes. I bought a jar of Vidalia Onion Sweet Salsa from her for $7.95. At another booth I tried White Seedless Watermelon! SO VERY YUMM!! The lady at that booth gave me two cantaloupes GRATIS! Love it when that happens! Next,  I bought two sweet South Carolina peaches $.50 each, three ears of white corn $2, two tomatoes $1.34, a petite pecan pie $3, a cup of Gullah Jambalaya $4, and a whole baked chicken $10.

IS THAT NOT SUMMER TIME AT IT'S BEST??!!
So now I am home and it is drizzling outside and has now cooled from 99 degrees to about 81 degrees. And although it is humid, that suffocating feeling you get in 99 degrees is finally gone. I am sitting at my kitchen table with two cats on either side of my labtop and big yella dog laying on the floor next to me, blogging, drinking ice tea with a lil sublime lime inside and listening to Joe Cocker's Greatest Hits! Doesn't get much better than that :)

GOOD DAY FROM BLUFFTON and ....

HAPPY SHOPPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment