Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What I Didn't Buy!

Sadly, I had to leave things behind. I just cannot buy EVERYTHING I have recently discovered. I found the loveliest of items at QUEEN of HEARTS on Buford Drive near Mall of Georgia on Saturday. So, here is what I didn't buy...

This adorable Blue Bonnet Ceramic Baby Cookie Jar was approx 11" tall. She was gorgeous with her lil Blue Bird lid! I would guess she was from the early 1960s. Price .. $325.00. Also, I just loved the little gilded skulls Salt Pepper holders, at least that is what I think they were. Very Cute! Price $72.00

I have a fabulous little collection of Head Vases on my book shelf by my bed! (one day soon I will have to share my collection) This old gal was oversized and had this fab-oo sprig of tangerine fake flowers in her hair! Poor overpriced gal was over $100.00


BEACH THEME! Theme for my house.. and these things would have been PURR-FECT! The Square Fishing-themed plates were perfect size for us and we have been talking about tossing all the old and replacing with FIESTA-WARE! These cuties would have looked great with RED WHITE and BLUE Fiesta-Ware! They were $4.99 each. I am cheap :( So no Fishing-themed Square plates for us.

I also adore that Seashell Seahorse! Would have been so cute alongside my new Seashell Mirror. He was also $5.99. Not quite sure why I passed him up. And lastly, to the right of the plates, was the CUTEST INDIGO BLUE Punch Bowl (photo does not do it justice) embossed with Seashells! Would have looked so cute in the middle of my kitchen table full of Seashells from Edisto Island! Price $12.99. Oh well!


I did buy two quilts on Friday and Saturday so this $139 Ladies with Parasol Yellow-trim Quilt was too much for my budget! BUT ISN'T SHE PRECIOUS?!


Then there were these adorable yellow, wooden Water Skis. They were already to be hung. I could not find a price and I did not need them.. But I DO LOVE YELLOW SKIS!
(Marianne loved the Big Boy in the background!)


And more head vases! I actually have a duplicate of the lady in brown. Interestingly, my lady in brown also has broken eyelashes. I paid $5.00 for her in Myrtle Beach. This lil imperfect lovely was $25.00. Her neighbor on the right was $35.00. She is so very pretty! I think I will photograph my Head Vases tonight to share!


Another quilt bypassed! And all trimmed in Purple! PRESH! Way to expensive but OHHHH SOOO Pretty! And I also love love love the white picnic basket she was resting on!

I do love all things AMERICANA! This Stars and Striped themed table and chairs was so darn cute! I especially love the curves of the legs on the table. This reminds me of my fav lil Red White and Blue Desk I have at home. I believe this set was pained by MUDPIE.. She has great talent for the Cottage Chic look.

Oh this dress! This Dress! Reminds me of Marianne's 50th B-day Party outfit! I did love this Mod shift dress. I am thinking late 1960s?

   
(Marianne in her Birthday Party Outfit!)

Yellow McCoy Vase! I do love me some YELLA! This vase was about $35.00 and although she would have looked ADORABLE in my cabinet with all my other yellow, $35 was out of my range!


I have no need for anything baby,  I am not in to the pastels.. but this lil chenille Bear Baby Blanket was to PURR-fectly adorable!

Being a collector of vintage textiles, this booth made me feel like I had died and gone to Vintage Textile heaven! ALL THE THINGS I LOVE IN ONE SPACE! Aprons, Quilts, Tablecloths! OOO-LA-LA.. Gives me goose bumps to think about it! :)


This ceramic was just fun! $12.99. Mass reproduced, so not really my thing, although I love the Peace Sign Hands! Just wanted to share this one for fun!

Then there were the Green Boots! ARIAT Brand so were probably orig. about $200. They looked as they had never been worn, and priced at $45. Green and Cream! Would have been so darn cute on St Patty's Day here in Savannah!! But My Sz 9 foot just was not fitting into a Sz 7 boot! DARN THOSE ARIAT BOOTS!

Last but certainly not least.... TONS AND TONS of FIESTA WARE! We want FIESTA WARE! Not sure what color (although leaning to a Indigo, Orange and Yellow combo) yet, but I plan to start my research ASAP on the what are the best colors, pieces to collect! I actually plan on using what I purchase and throwing out the old... Oh yes.. I hear you, Fiesta Ware, calling my name!




So there you have it! What I DIDN'T BUY! And all at QUEEN of HEARTS in Buford, GA!

All for today.. TOMORROW I think I will talk about HEAD VASES and things I LOVE!

HAPPY SHOPPING!




No comments:

Post a Comment