Wednesday, July 13, 2011

IDEAS ABOUND!

ALLISON NEAL GENTRY was born today! All 7 lb 1.2 oz, 19" of her! THANK YOU JESUS FOR A HEALTHY BABY GIRL! :) Congrats KB & Josh and Welcome to the World little Suga Baby!

KB, Josh and Baby Alli!
  Yesterday I found a precious vintage candy dish in SUBLIME LIME (my new name for chartreuse), $6.00, I picked it up at STEAL MAGNOLIA'S off Habersham in Savannah. I just love that area of Savannah called The Starlight District! SUCH CHARACTER!

Sublime Lime Candy Dish! SO PRESH!

The Things I Didn't Buy: I passed up a fabulous very old pink trimmed Quilt which was $25. I just CAN'T BUY ANOTHER QUILT! But she was GORGEOUS! My camera was dead so no pics I am sad to say.  They had several other things I adored such as a giant white ceramic platter for $28 which would have been perfect to pile Crab Legs on after Vic pulls them out of the pot!

After work, I needed to head to the DMV and finally get my South Carolina Drivers License. On the way, I stopped by EGGS N TRICITIES in historic Bluffton. This is the PURR-fect little Funky Boutique in the perfect lil' town! I draw inspiration from that shop. It makes me HAPPY!

Oyster Eggs


I hit a new little Thrift Store as I drove into the DMV shopping center. The profits go to Maranatha Farm for unwanted pets. I found something I LOVED! An over-sized White Wicker Blanket Chest! $20... AMAZING!! and I passed it up...

So last night, Vic and I cooked the most amazing Spaghetti Sauce EVER! While eating Spaghetti and drinking a fabulous bottle of Moscato from Italy I sprung an idea on Vic!  I want us to pick up fun pieces of furniture at Thrift Shops and Garage Sales and refurbish them in the Beach Coastal Cottage style we LOVE! A lil sanding and a lil paint and a lot of TLC!! He like the idea!

So today... I am off to buy that $20 White Wicker Blanket Chest, and along with a really cool old Bar Stool that I already have, we are going to begin our REFURBISHING!! I am SOOO very excited!! and here it is...

I also bought a Blue Teacup Shelf that will look just wonderful with a sand and a re-paint.
and the bar stool I already have...



WOW! An Idea that could possibly make money??? We shall see! (And now to come up with a name for a new business... SEADOG and SUGAR? (OH I DO LOVE THAT!)

Check back for updates on the refurbs! :)
HAPPY SHOPPING!


P.S. Vic and I are headed to EDISTO ISLAND Friday for Seashell Gathering and a day of RELAXATION! I CANNOT WAIT!

and I leave you with this fun photo from Tybee! 
Tybee Lifeguard

No comments:

Post a Comment