Saturday, July 16, 2011

ISLAND SHOPPING Gives me the BLUES!

I HAVE THREE FANS! I AM SO EXCITED!!

So after a "do-nothing" Friday Day off yesterday, all I could thing about last night was getting up and hitting the garage sales this morning! WELL GIVE ME A BREAK! It was PATHETIC!!

I don't know if it is the gray skies (FEELS LIKE A FAB FALL DAY OUT) or the time of year (dead middle of JULY) or what??? but nearly nothing worth having today! I did hit this ritzy-glitzy neighborhood called Palmetto Pointe which had a Hood Garage Sale! I found a FAB-U over-sized PALM Tree Ceramic Tray for $2, Blue Iron Napkin holder $1, Fisher Price Little People Farm for my Suga Babies $1. I also found a "Presh" Ceramic Fish Plate for $.25.  



Then... the find of the morning!! A J Crew Charm Bracelet for $3 (as seen on EBAY for $85 - $125!!). It is BANANAS Gorgeous! 



I must say, I did get a lil chuckle when the City of Hilton Head "CODE ENFORCER" lady drove by and pulled over looking for "whomever was in charge". She had $$ in her eyes and a lil drool in the corner of her mouth as she looked for the "organizer" so she could right a ticket or two. CRACKS ME UP! REALLY?!! 

Next, decided to give up on the Garage sales and hit The Luthren Church "Bargain Box". I found new-ish decorating books on Bungalows and Paint for $2 each and a FAB-U Old China plate for $2.50. AND an adorable Navy Blue Nautical Sweater $2 for that trip on a boat I have been anticipating FOREVER! Then, on to St. Vinnies and found four books (3 for mom $1 ea, and Mary Engelbreit Christmas Cookbook $3).



Last stop, GOODWILL on the Island! One AMAZING old chair $4.99 and two adorable wooden bar stools $5 ea. and all ready for their Autumn Restore!After discussion with Vic about the Black Chair.. looking very ARTS and CRAFTY early-AMERICANA .. we may leave that one the way it is and Keep it :)



I still want to go back and get that Bench at Habitat Thrift Store. Mari had a great idea to refinish with the TYBEE PACKING CO. logo.. I think I will go with that! and BYTHEWAY, I bought the coolest wooden door inserts for $1 each there yesterday. I know we will paint them.. and what else? I am not sure.

Side note: Friday afternoon, at Goodwill I bought a vintage SEWING CHAIR $7.21.. cannot wait to give it its redo!! Along with the chair i bought a yellow basket for my guestroom $1.91, a Purple vase $2, White vintage candy dish $2, and a book for mom $.50. (those are pictured above)


Finally, Home at Last! Had a headache, very thirsty and wanted to nap in my big ole coziest of cozy beds, which I did for two hours.  Headache is just about gone and I think I will run to Beaufort to Goodwill and cute lil Antique Mall in Port Royal near the entrance to Parris Island.

So off to Port Royal and Beaufort! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that area! just what you expect from a non-touristy coastal town. It is Historical, Beautiful and just comfortably lived-in.

  and did I say LOTS OF YELLA HOUSES??



I first went to the CONSIGN and DESIGN on PARIS in Pt Royal. Pretty much a waste of time. And then to HERITAGE HOUSE ANTIQUES .. more waste of time.



Next stop was NUANCE .. an adorable lil boutique loaded with coastal cute items, signs, jewelry and such! Here I bought a "IT SMELLS LIKE LOW TIDE" Wooden Sign $21, and a Mermaid Tea Towel $8... perfect for my Guest Bathroom! They had the most amazing Life-size MERMAIDS on the wall! We must make these!





The owner, Nancy, of Nuance told me about MOONDOGGIES Restaurant (don't you just love that name!?) owned by her family. Vic and I will have to try it soon!



I drove around Pt Royal for a bit and looked at all the wonderful old houses and then headed to Goodwill Beaufort. There I found a wooden Wine Rack $3, two bright platters $2 and a fish letter holder $1.21.



HOME AT LAST at 6 pm and Vic was preparing a FEAST! We used my new platters bought this morning. Here are before and after photos of the FEAST!





Off FINALLY for EDISTO Island in the morning! LET THE SEASHELL HUNT BEGIN! (It's like free shopping!)

HAPPY SHOPPING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment