Tuesday, July 12, 2011

La FIESTA!

I have a collecting issue...

I have a LOT of collections.
Just a few to mention:
ALL things YELLOW
Quilts
Uncle Sams
Vintage Tablecloths and other textiles
Head vases
Random pieces of China
Dresses, Luv my dresses

and now, I have decided to work on finding fabulous pieces of FiestaWARE! I have had a FIESTA Ware Large disk pitcher for some time. I bought it at a Fall Festival for $5.00 in downtown Savannah last year and it is a bit banged up. It looks cute on the YELLOW Shelf of my china cabinet! Last weekend in ATL, I bought the mini FIESTA Yellow Disk pitcher $9.00. So tiny and cute and also FAB on my Yellow shelf! 

So today I hit a random antiques store in Savannah called Habersham Antiques .. in search of nothing in particular except that rare gem that I do not have. First booth had a stack of FIESTA Dinner Platters in salmon and teal (have found out since they are actually called Paprika and Sea Mist, both retired).  I paid $12.00 each. I do believe a new collection has begun!



I then went by a little hole-in-the-wall store called FIESTA and MORE on Bay Street run by a curmudgeonly old man. He seemed to be very knowledgeable on the subject of Fiesta and had an amazing collection. The prices were BA-NA-NAS ridiculous!!  I think I want to stick to the Cobalt Blue, Peacock Blue, Sunflower Yellow, and Tangerine. Well.. I also like the Shamrock Green, the Scartlet red and Lemongrass! HA.. Who knows!  I will continue to do my research and let you know where my new collection takes me :) 

(Also found an adorable HEAD VASE at Habersham Antiques.. will save that for another day's discussion!)

HAPPY SHOPPING!

P.S. Found a blog from Jane Coslick. She is a Tybee Island Cottage Designer and she is A-MAZING!!

Check out her designs! BE STILL MY HEART! I WANT HER LIFE and that TYBEE PACKING CRATE Coffee Table! :)

(An example of her work!)

No comments:

Post a Comment