Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wishing That I was in Valencia, Spain

I had a facebook message from my Sweet Lola today. She made it to Valencia, Spain after a 30 hr bus ride from Amsterdam. I wish I was in Valencia, Spain with her :)  She said it was an amazing place and that I would love it. It absolutely thrills me that my child loves to travel. That was definitely a gift she received from me. I, too, love to travel. Even if it is just down a new road or a left turn rather than a right... a new sight to see is an adventure for me. The world is a grand adventure indeed :)

I do miss my Sweet Lola :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO... I am a bit behind on my Shopping blog so let me catch you all up..
Let me start with a lunch trip I took with my gals from work yesterday. Hardeeville, SC! This is truly the armpit of South Carolina! My girls and I decided to try The Cripple Crab (Yes CRIPPLE not CRIPPLED.... possibly a warning). It is located in "downtown" Hardeeville. OH MY GOSH! IT WAS DISGUSTING! But we made the best of it.. laughing at how horrible the food was and taking photos of ourselves out front. :) and also, of the Pink and Gray Elephants in the Fireworks shop Parking lot! HA HA.. Only in Hardeeville!

Funny girls! Torrie, Me, Camille
Me with the interns.. Torrie and Neha
with the Elephants!

So let me back up a bit.  Saturday was not a good day for me. Vic and I attempted Garage Sale shopping in Bluffton but they SUCKED! This put me even in a worse mood. When we returned home at approx 930am, I proceeded to put my pj's back on, got back in bed, and covered up my head. That is where I stayed until Sunday morning.

So Sunday we had BIG BIG Plans and I was not going to FUNK my way through another day. Got myself UP, got dressed and packed for the beach! We spent a glorious day of nothing at Secret Beach at Tybee Island. I do LOVE ME SOME SECRET BEACH!
Loving my lil Seashell TYBEE sign in the sand! I think I will print this and frame it and put over my bed!

 I collected Seashells (one of my most fav things in the world to do), I watched the Sea Birds fly about, I watched the Shrimp boats come in and out, I read Corrie Ten Boom's TRAMP FOR THE LORD, and I watched the Dolphins play! AMAZING DAY! I NEEDED THAT!


We stayed from 930 am until 200pm then headed home. Made a stop at SEASIDE SISTERS (One of my favorite stores EVER!) and I had a peek around for inspiration, ideas and bought an adorable Crab Tea Towel $6.50. 

I know I can make these! Going to put these into my idea book!
Loving the color in Seaside Sisters!

Then, we made a quick stop at Lazeretto Creek Seafood to grab some Fresh Georgia Shrimp and Mussels for a Low Country Boil (Georgia Style). Got to see a trapped Mama Raccoon about to be reunited with her babies across the creek! (SHE WAS SOOO MAD!)


Love me some YELLOW WALLS!
Mad Mama!

Home by 430pm and OHHHHH THE GRUB WAS DEE-LISH!!! Along with a FABULOUS Bottle of Moscato (My new Fav wine, Thank you Sista Carol for my new addiction!)
Shrimp, Mussels, Clams, Corn, Potatoes and Moscato!
Now that is a Pretty Table!

So what did I buy this weekend?
Vic found a Casserole Cookbook $1 and a Roasting Pan $2. We are going to FEAST on ROAST BEAST tonight, in fact!


I found my fav childhood books in a Boxed Set! $3. Also, found an off-white queen-size Matte Laise $1 and a crocheted queen bed skirt $1.
LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE Boxed Set $3.00
I ran by a random little Consignment Shop in Pooler called UPSCALE RESCALE on Wednesday. I didn't see anything I liked but I did find a flyer for a new Thrift Store called NOAH'S ARK and all sales go toward a Pet Rescue Farm.  I headed over to Noah's Ark and found the cutest needlepoint POODLE framed picture. No price, she sold it to me for $2.19!  I also found Disney's BRER BEAR. Being the Disney Nerd I am I could not leave him behind. $6.25.
POODLE!

 Last, but not least. Yesterday afternoon, Camille and I went to see CAPTAIN AMERICA! Fabulous flick if you have not seen it! I went by the Bluffton Goodwill on the way home and found two wonderful wooden chairs for us to refinish this fall.. Total Price $2.18!!!


Also, Tuesday afternoon, I ran by the Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store to take a look around. The wooden bench was still there and had been reduced to $15! I bought it! Cannot wait to refinish that one! Must remember to pick it up Saturday Morning....

OK.. THE END ....

and 
HAPPY SHOPPING!


2 comments:

  1. Love the seashell design in the sand :) I'm glad that Logan is still enjoying her time in Europe! I also love the blog, keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete