Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Shopzilla!

So the Fourth Holiday weekend is over and I must discuss what I did! I SHOPPED!!! I SHOPPED!!! All over North Georgia.. I SHOPPED! And because my new blog is about my shopping addiction I thought I would share what I bought and what I didn't buy ...


My first stop Friday morning was Goodwill in Sandy Springs! This is probably my favorite Goodwill of all.  I was there when it opened. Love to be the first to uncover the goodies!


I bought Three Ceramic Fish on stands, $1.51 each.


Found these FAB Cigar Boxes for .77 each.. ARTURO FUENTE and CUBANOS too! I think I will store Jewelry, pens, fun lil stuff inside!
And the most wonderful old quilt for $15.51 in retro Green, Cream. I am thinking 1970s .. (Picture to be added)


Finished at Sandy Springs Goodwill by 10 am and headed back to Mom and Dad's house to meet the Sisters for Marathon Chamblee shopping! First stop on this leg, LAST CHANCE Thrift Store at Chamblee Plaza. Had Coupons printed, $2 off when you spend $10.


I bought a Navy Blue Chicos Sweater  Jacket, $9.99, and best of all, Big ole 1988 Bright Fish Framed Picture! Perfect for my Bluffton near-the-beach house! (will add photo).  Carol found loads of Toddler clothes for Coleman and Marianne bought a "Fender" Baseball Jersey for Taylor. I think it was $.99.


Sisters were ready for lunch.. NO REST FOR THE SHOPPING.. Eat it in the car! and head for The Treasure Mart on Broad Street in Chamblee. This is a giant Warehouse full of consignment items that are marked down each month 10%. We walked in the door and walked in to Heaven!


What I bought: The most incredible Shell Mirror, $15.00, Old Czech bathing Beauty $18.00. Yellow Snail $.50, Fiesta Ware yellow mini pitcher $8.00, Very old china Ship Pitcher $1.80, Old cup with man on side $1.50. 



We next headed to a new little Thrift Store two doors down from The Treasure Mart called Suthers Center run by a Catholic Organization. This little shop looks more like a boutique than a Thrift Store and had FAB-OO Stuff!

For me, I bought a Handhooked FLAMINGO Rug $3.00, Pink KISS THE COOK New with Tags Apron $3.00 and a hand full of magazines to read while at The Lazy G Ranch for $.25 each.

Next we headed to The Assistance League Thrift Store located across the street from the Chamblee Post Office. I did not find any thing but they are known for their designer clothing. And they have the cutest window displays!
Next, St. Vinnie's just across from Chamblee City Hall. Much fun here! I ended up with a Ceramic BEACH BUM heart to hang on my Quilt Armoire, $.50, and a few old books, $.75 each.


So eight hours after I started, the great Sister Shopping day was OVER! :( But then there is always Saturday!




Saturday morning, I started at Goodwill at Perimeter Mall!  I found the cutest new reading glasses for $1.51, Red Ralph Lauren Jacket $5.95, MOO COW for Great Suga Baby, Coleman, $.99, Puzzle $.88, and new Red Sandals $4.94.




I also found the most adorable framed Primitive watercolor of a family at the beach, painted from the prospective from the front porch. $8.68 This painting is PRECIOUS! I am going to re-Mat ASAP and hang in my guest bathroom!


Next, Goodwill in Peachtree Corners. I walked out with NOTHING :( . Next, on to St. Vinnie's on Buford Hwy in Duluth. There I found Periwinkle Eddie Bauer jacket and a Mellow Mushroom Tiedye T-shirt, both $1.00 each.  On to a great little thrift store I had found in Duluth next to Parson's Hardware store. It was closed and out-of-business. Next, St. Vinnie's in Suwanee where I found Twin white sheets in new condition for $4.00 to use for camping. Then, to Goodwill in Buford on Buford Hwy. This is where I found the greatest pair of  Laredo Cowboy boots with gray foot, and navy blue shaft in Ladies Sz 9... Price = $6.96!  Along with three Denim Jackets, Lauren Brand, Levis Brand and a Lady and The Tramp Disney Store Denim Jacket perfect for my birthday trip to Disney. $5.95 each!





On to QUEEN OF HEARTS Antique Mall on Buford Drive. This is where I had to leave things behind! OH I DO LOVE THIS ANTIQUES MALL and would consider it the best in ATL area for just FUN Stuff at Great Prices! What did I find? A GORGEOUS homemade quilt, approx Full size in White with yellow trim with Pink Tulips and Yellow Pineapples, $26.00! I LOVE THIS QUILT!




 


I also found an adorable vintage Tablecloth in white with Yellow, Orange and Blue trim $10.00 and the cutest Red, White and Blue vintage Butterfly Apron $8.00, just perfect for Fourth of July cookout!



 
And a perfect end to Queen of Hearts adventure.. A Folk Art Uncle Sam for my Uncle Sam collection. $16.95.


So that brings us to the end of WHAT I BOUGHT! But for what I DIDN'T BUY.. you will have to wait until tomorrow! :)


HAPPY SHOPPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment