Monday, July 11, 2011

Smokey Days and MONDAYS

Monday always comes along so fast. It was just too hot and too smokey from the fires near Hinesville and too humid to do anything protective this weekend.

Camille and Jim came over for Ribs BBQ Saturday night and that was very fun. We attempted to sit around the fire pit but it was too hot and as soon as the embers flared the rain began so we hung on the back porch with Benji and Leslie.

And did I do any shopping this weekend? Of course I did! Saturday, I hit three or four Rummage Sales (they are seldom in the Garage so I have decided to go Yankee and call them Rummage Sales). I found A small Painting of Red flowers for $2.00 and an assortment of Seashell hooks for $2.00.  I bought an old blue jar with lid for $1.00 and a 3 ft tall candle holder $1.00. Also, Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits $.50 and Three Tenors $.50. I ran by VINTAGE MARKET consigment shop and found the cutest "MERMAID BABIES" Print. $24.99. I just do not have a place for it and it was poorly framed. I ran in to the OFF ISLAND THRIFT STORE next door and ran across a Vintage Meat Grinder! Oddly, just the thing Vic had asked me to look for while I was out and about rummage saling and junking!  It was $15. We have got to remember to go back and get it this week. RANDOM, I KNOW!

Off to Target to return a shirt and bought four Tiki Lights $5.99 for two and Torch Oil $7.49.   We added to Benji's three around the lake.. We think we live on SURVIVOR!

So Sunday, we just could not seem to get off the couch. Around 230 I decided enough was enough and went to the TJMAXX in Beaufort. I returned the cutest quilt and shams I had bought last week in Atlanta. I just loved them but could not justify the purchase when I have stacks of vintage quilts and a linen closet that is exploding at the seams.  I did find a bag of edamame for $1.49! Great snack and only 2 net carbs.

Then, to GOODWILL of Beaufort. Max Azaria dress for Fall $5.95, bright yellow twin sheets for the guest room $6, and square plates!! Finally! $4.94 for eight! THEY ARE PRECIOUS! Cannot wait to start using them.

OK.. all for now.. Pictures later :)

HAPPY SHOPPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment